These artists were assistants to muralist William M. Cochran
on Community Bridge.
Community Bridge Mural Assistants
- Pam Jaffe (Frederick, Maryland), professional artist,
Pam spent more time on the mural than any other assistant,
concentrating exclusively on the ivy.
- Sharon Moody (McLean, Virginia), professional artist, Masters in
Fine Art, The George Washington University, 20 days. Sharon painted
stones in the mural.
- Terry Brackenberry (Rhode Island), muralist with Thomas Street
Studios, 3 weeks.
- Eugene J. Smith (Rhode Island), muralist
with Thomas Street Studios, 3 weeks. Terry and Eugene assisted
in the layout of the bridge mural, helping to create the underpainting.
- Graham Guerra (Woodbine, Maryland), sophomore at the Rhode Island
School of Design, 4 months. Graham painted stonework, among other painting tasks.
- Perry T. Halliman (Peabody,
Massachusetts), sophomore at the Rhode Island School of Design,
1 1/2 weeks. Perry worked largely on mortar
lines, stones and various details in the mural.
- Joanna Morrison (Sharpsburg, Maryland), professional artist, 3
weeks. Joanna acted as research assistant and painted mortar
lines as well as provided other support.
- Doug Lewis (Leesburg, Virginia), 20 days. Doug worked on
layout and underpainting and provided general mural support.
- James Robinson (Frederick, Maryland) 2 weeks. Jimmy provided
general mural support.
- Edward Chu (Vienna, Virgina) six weeks. A student at Rhode Island
School of Design, Ed roughed in stonework and executed a variety of painting
Click to go to:
[ Order the Community Bridge Book |
© Shared Vision 1995 |
Copyright Information ]
Community Bridge Home Page
Web Site Sponsored and Created by Skyline Network Technologies, Inc., a
full service Internet Presence Provider.